The Well's Awards and Recognition
Recognition at the national, state, and campus level
Roundtable with U.S. Secretary of Education
The Well was selected from the entire nation to participate in a roundtable with U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona.
Staff Assembly - March 2022 Get Recognized Award
Interim Co-Director Marisol Torres, received this award for her great leadership.
2020 Outstanding Peer Education Program Award NASPA
Award-winning Sex Week- 2020 Outstanding Peer Education Program Award NASPA, Golden ARCHES Sex Week
STAR Awards- Marisol Torres
Marisol Torres was recipient of 2 STAR (Staff Appreciation and Recognition) Awards in recognition of Enjoy the Experience campaign with ASPB, and PPGA Wellness Express Vending Machine Project
Current Projects 2022-2023
Mental Health Allies Initiative * Collaboration with CAPS
Academic year long program: The Mental Health Allies Initiative is built upon the Collective Impact Model (CIM) utilized to make a sustainable change on the UCR campus. The Mental Health Allies grow more confident in sharing information related to common signs of distress, mental health and well-being resources on campus, and advising colleagues (and students) on appropriate.
Innovative Collaborative Mental Health Initiative Proposal
The Well, CAPS and Health Well-being & Safety Division Leadership are helping lead this effort:
This project aims to help fund proposals focusing on UCR prevention, promotion, and health education programs dedicated to instilling healthy behaviors and recognizing and responding to high-risk behaviors across the campus community. Applicants can receive $10,000 -$25,000 max.
Okanagan Charter Adoption Process
Being led by Marisol Torres
Journal of American College Health
Dr. Marmolejo, Interim Co-Director at The Well, published a manuscript on "Examining the association of student mental health and food security with college GPA"
American College Health Association conference May 2019
- Co-presented at American College Health Association conference May 2019 Creating a Healthy Campus Initiative: Lessons from an Award-Winning Healthy Campus
Hawaii’s International Conference on Education
- Co-Presenter at Hawaii’s International Conference on Education January 2020 Healthy Campus Pedagogy in Higher Education
NASPA Strategies Conference, January 2021
- Co-Presenter at NASPA Strategies Conference, January 2021 Mitigating Substance Use at Large-Scale Events Through Technology and Collaboration
- Marisol Torres: Co-Chair UCR Healthy Campus Substance Use and Addiction Sub-Committee
- Marisol Torres: Co-Chair UC-Wide Health Promotions Directors Group
- Dr.Marmolejo: Co-Chair UCR Healthy Campus Mental Health Subcommittee
- Dr.Marmolejo: Co-Chair Riverside County SPC Higher Education Sub-Committee
- Dr. Marmolejo: Steering Council under Dr. Evelyn Vazquez