Mental Health Trainings
You Can Save a Life
Learn how to help emotionally distressed students get the support they need through these UCR mental health trainings.
FREE Online Training
Be There for Students in Crisis
Take the 30-minute “At-Risk” online simulation.
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of mental health and suicide.
- Learn how to talk with a student who may be in distress.
- Connect a student with mental health resources.
Students, take the online simulation.
Enter the enrollment key UCRiverside16 to get started.
Suicide Awareness - Know What to Say
Take the 90-minute “Campus Connect” training provided by Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS):
- Recognize the warning signs of a suicidal crisis.
- Compassionately ask a student about their suicidal thoughts.
- Help a student feel understood, validated and acknowledged.
- Appropriately refer a student to mental health resources.
Students, Faculty and Staff: To request a workshop, please complete the CAPS presentation request form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and staff: Find a scheduled training in the UCR LMS.
Recognize a Cry for Help
Take the 90-minute “Recognizing and Responding to Distressed/Disruptive Students” training.
- Recognize distressed/disruptive behavior as a cry for help.
- Find the UCR resources that can help both the student and you.
- Navigate proper protocol.
Faculty, staff or students: To sign up for individual or group training, contact email@example.com
Note: Request a program for peer-led mental health workshops or presentations.