Learn how to help emotionally distressed students get the support they need through these UCR mental health trainings.
Suicide Awareness - Know What to Say
Take the 90-minute “Campus Connect” training provided by Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS):
- Recognize the warning signs of a suicidal crisis.
- Compassionately ask a student about their suicidal thoughts.
- Help a student feel understood, validated and acknowledged.
- Appropriately refer a student to mental health resources.
Students, Faculty and Staff: To request a workshop, please complete the CAPS presentation request form and email to email@example.com.
Faculty and staff: Find a scheduled training in the UCR LMS.
Recognize a Cry for Help
Take the 90-minute “Recognizing and Responding to Distressed/Disruptive Students” training.
- Recognize distressed/disruptive behavior as a cry for help.
- Find the UCR resources that can help both the student and you.
- Navigate proper protocol.
Faculty, staff or students: To sign up for individual or group training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Request a program for peer-led mental health workshops or presentations.