About the Well
A Healthier You, Inside and Out
The WELL is UCR's wellness center and health promotion department, and is part of the campus and UC system-wide Mental Health/Healthier Campus Climate Initiative. As such, The WELL strives to create a safe, supportive, and connected campus environment through the promotion of healthy minds, bodies and communities.
The WELL provides education, trainings, resources, and programming for students in a variety of health and wellness topic areas, through a network of peer educators, mentors, and professionals.Some of our programs and resources include:
- Request-a-program, in which student orgs, RAs, staff, and faculty can request a peer-led health and wellness workshop
- Condom Co-Op station (free safer sex supplies available during our office hours)
- The Jolly Trolley, our mobile condom and resource cart
- Quarterly stress relief events including Stress Relief Campfire, Stress Recess and Laugh More!
- GO! Pedometer and Peanut Butter & Jogging program
- Quarterly nap sessions in the HUB, and nap cushions to use in our office any time
- Wellness Wednesday workshop series featuring various health topics and partnerships with on- and off-campus departments and agencies
- Health fairs, including the Highlander Health Fair for student-athletes and Sexual Health Fair
- Large-scale speakers and trainings
- Peer education groups including Active Minds, and Golden ARCHES