Food Revolutionaries and Environmentally Sustainable Highlanders
Team FRESH involves and empowers UCR students to provide basic needs resources, education, and referrals to the UC Riverside community. All peers work with an understanding that food security is one part of the basic needs umbrella which also includes housing, transportation, safety, and well-being (basicneeds.ucr.edu). The program balances direct services, through R'Pantry distributions, with awareness campaigns, educational programs, promotion of sustainable resources such as CalFresh, and social events to support student success on campus.
Student Staff: Karen Lemus, Angelica Gonzalez, Yvonne Van, Jessica Ortiz, Kaelyn Ramirez, Husna Mohiuddin, Andrea Tovar,Sophia Zhao
Advisor: Dani Lopez, R’ Pantry Coordinator, The Well
Team Fresh Campus Efforts
Join Team FRESH
Become a leader for basic needs at UC Riverside. We ask each volunteer commits to a minimum of 3 shifts per quarter.
If you are interested in a paid position, we highly recommend getting involved early on as a volunteer. Recruitment for Team FRESH positions occurs late Winter Quarter-early Spring Quarter each year.
For more information, email email@example.com
- If you are interested in volunteering as an individual or as a group, please contact the R'Pantry staff at a firstname.lastname@example.org
- Common volunteer duties include unpacking large food boxes, stocking and organizing the pantry shelves, breaking down boxes and light cleaning.
- Visit R’Pantry in person at Costo Hall 110, located on the ground floor of Costo Hall. Check facebook.com/ucrpantry for the most up-to-date walk-in hours (including grad-student-only hours).
- Both undergrad and graduate students are welcome to attend our General Distributions. Please note that hours for general and grad student distributions may change quarterly.
- Email us for an appointment at email@example.com.
- Give us a call at (951) 827-9355