Student Affairs departments are open for full or partial in-person services this fall. Please check the Student Affairs homepage for hours, service offerings, and contact methods. For the latest campus reopening plans, safety guidelines, and requirements, visit Campus Return.
Advocating Responsible Choices through Health Education and Support
- Golden ARCHES is a peer health education group at UC Riverside, focused on the topics of alcohol and other drugs, safe partying, and sexual health.
- Golden ARCHES believes in providing UC Riverside’s students with accurate and honest health information, skills, and resources, so students can make informed decisions that enhance their personal health and well-being.
- Golden ARCHES peers are advocates for responsible decision-making when it comes to individuals’ health, and for creating a campus community that nurtures and supports these decisions.
- Golden ARCHES peer educators gain valuable experience in health education programming, and serve as positive role models for their peers.
Programming Lead: Kaylie Wun
Marketing Lead: Desiree Lin
Metrics and Operations Lead: Jenelle Consignado
Outreach: Ethan Montilla
Golden ARCHES Advisor:
Marisol Torres, Interim Director & Health Educator
Interested in some resources:
Request-a-program: If you would like to request one of our programs/workshops please visit this page
For individual condom requests: If you would like to get sexual health supplies for yourself, you can make an appointment for individual use health suppliesor visit us during our walk-in hours in HUB 248 to use The Well's Grab-and-Go!
For residential life sexual health supplies requests: If you are an RA and would like condoms for an event or for your residents you will need to request our peer educators to provide the education portion of our program or to table at your event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of event.
For individual period products: If you would like period products (tampons, pads or a menstrual cup) make an appointment for individual use health supplies .
For residential life period products requests: If you are an RA and would like period products for an event or for your residents you will need to request our peer educators to provide the education portion of our program or to table at your event. Please email email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of event.
2021-2022 Golden ARCHES Campus-Wide Efforts
Golden ARCHES Campaigns, Awards and Events
What we do?
- Golden ARCHES peer health educators are frequently asked to provide educational presentations for groups of students on campus or in housing. These include presentations and discussions about safe partying, and sexual health & responsibility.
- Golden ARCHES peers regularly do outreach and tabling events, where we promote healthy behaviors and choices, as well as promoting the other services and programs put on by The Well.
- We work collaboratively with other peer groups and departments to bring UCR students health-related campaigns, services, and events. Recent examples include planning the Sexual Health Fair, tabling at Stress Recess, creating campaigns to display around campus.
- Golden ARCHES peers also bring expert speakers to campus, in our main topic areas.
- Golden ARCHES hosts the annual UCR Sex Week. This is a nationally- recognize, award-winning program.
How to get involved
Apply to be a peer health educator! Our applications for the academic 2023-3024 are now open! The will close May 21st, 2023 at 10PM. Sign in and apply at Golden ARCHES Highlanderlink page
Other ways to get involved:
- Visit our Instragram @ucrgoldenarches and attend our events
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get updates
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions