Golden ARCHES Peer Health Education Program
Advocating Responsible Choices through Health Education and Support
- Golden ARCHES is a peer health education group at UC Riverside, focused on the topics of alcohol and other drugs, safe partying, sexual health, and nutrition & fitness.
- Golden ARCHES believes in providing UC Riverside’s students with accurate and honest health information, skills, and resources, so students can make informed decisions that enhance their personal health and well-being.
- Golden ARCHES peers are advocates for responsible decision-making when it comes to individuals’ health, and for creating a campus community that nurtures and supports these decisions.
- Golden ARCHES peer educators gain valuable experience in health education programming, and serve as positive role models for their peers.
Student Staff: Stephanie Jimenez, Kayla Kin, Ashley Lopez, and Tammy Van
Golden Arches Advisor: Marisol Torres, Health Educator, The Well
Interested in some resources:
For condom requests: If you would like to request condoms for a sexual health program , you will need to fill out this form.
GA Awareness Campaigns
What we do?
- Golden ARCHES peer health educators are frequently asked to provide educational presentations for groups of students on campus or in housing. These include presentations and discussions about safe partying, and sexual health & responsibility.
- Golden ARCHES peers regularly do outreach and tabling events, where we promote healthy behaviors and choices, as well as promoting the other services and programs put on by The Well.
- We work collaboratively with other peer groups and departments to bring UCR students health-related campaigns, services, and events. Recent examples include planning the Sexual Health Fair, tabling at Stress Recess, creating campaigns to display around campus.
- Golden ARCHES peers also bring expert speakers to campus, in our main topic areas.