- Jessica grew up in the Pacific Northwest and received both her undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Washington (B.S. in Psychology, Master's in Social Work). She became a member of the WELL family in 2016 to coordinate a federal grant from SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) on suicide prevention and mental health promotion, and also currently advises the Active Minds peer mentor program. Jessica stays well by laughing with her family, gardening, cooking, going on walks, and building community at UCR.
Meet the Well Staff
Meet Our Staff
The WELL has assembled a caring, student-centered team of coordinators, mentors and educators to help you get the most out of your UC Riverside experience. If you have any question, problem or a concern, we probably have someone on our staff that can't wait to help you through it. Our doors are open five days a week, and you're always welcome to contact us by phone or via e-mail.
Devon Sakamoto, MPH, MCHES - Director
- Devon grew up in Southern California and received her BA in Women’s Studies from UCR. She earned a Master of Public Health degree from The George Washington University, and joined The WELL family in 2011. Devon stays well by playing games with her family, reading, drawing, running, and making time for healthy activities at work.
Jacqueline Moreno, MPH - Heath Educator
- Jackie received her BS in Health Science from California State University, Fullerton, and her Master of Public Health degree from Loma Linda University. She joined The WELL family in 2013, and currently co-advises the Golden ARCHES Peer Health Education program. She practices wellness by hiking, running, gardening, laughing, and adventuring with her family.
Humberto "Bert" Santiago - Program Coordinator
- Bert graduated from UCR in 2013 with a BS in Environmental Sciences and BA in Mathematics. In his student days, he was an active member of Golden ARCHES Peer Health Educators, which he now co-advises. He stays well by running, traveling, and playing soccer.
Desiree Lopez - Program Coordinator
- Desiree is an Inland Empire native who earned her BA in Psychology from UCR in June 2014. She currently coordinates Mental Health Outreach and acts as an advisor to Active Minds. She practices wellness by spending time with her family and friends, volunteering in the local community, and through engaging with music, film, and art.
Nichole Sparks - Budget, Personnel & Program Assistant
Grecia Marquez - R'Pantry Coordinator
- Grecia grew up throughout Southern California, earning her BA in Psychology from UCSD, and is currently working on an MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at HIU. She joined The WELL family in 2015, focusing on the operations of the R'Pantry, raising awareness around food security issues, and fostering a supportive community to promote food access and security efforts at UCR. Her favorite wellness activities include swimming, art, cooking, and spending time with her family and friends.